Thursday, April 29, 2010

My First entry!

I recently started sewing. I've been feeling so busy with work and house chores and finding time to be a good mom and wife. I needed something to do at the end of the day to feel creative and excited about. So in January decided to buy a beginners sewing machine. I have sewed before in my life, but never finished a project. My mom is a super sewer. She has made many a cute outfit for my niece and nephews and my own daughters. The kids' favorite are the Christmas pajamas they get each year. As I get older, I find myself picking up more of my mothers traits and hobbies. Last summer I started canning like her also.

The machine arrived a few days later and I have been sewing something nearly every single night since. Some things turn out better than others, but I learning something new from every single thing I flop.

I've been secretly watching and reading a few sewing blogs over the months and wanted to make my own blog. Not that I am half as creative as these other women.

So welcome to my space to display the things I've made along the way as I learn to sew and make fun things for the people I love.

Jessica

No comments:

Post a Comment